info World competition 2020
We got the following information concerning the World Competition from ISDS:
The World competition will take place in Castle Howard Estate, York, England from 17 to 20 Sept 2020.
Belgium keeps 8 seats for the World competition.
De general format consists of 2 days qualification over three fields, one semi-finals da and one finals day.
The website Worldsheepdogtrials will be used by ISDS for the communication about the World trials and will be updated with further news.
Essential rules for the participation on the World competition.
The number of places allocated to Belgium is confirmed as 8 senior places in total.
1. If it has not done so each competing nation is required to organise a qualification system
2. Each nation will be required to select a National Team:
a. Each handler and qualifying dog must have come placed in the national ranking
b. Each entrant must be a resident of the country
c. Each entrant must have qualified in that country
d. Any entrant may only compete for entry through one country
e. Any handler may run a maximum of two dogs
3. Each national club will confirm to its handlers who has been successful
4. Each nation will be required to determine its animal travel requirements: See: DEFRA TRAVEL
5. The names of handlers put forward must have been checked to be able and willing to travel
6. Rules permit each handler to enter an alternate dog, not needed to have succeeded at qualification
7. The Rules will be on the website in due course.
Each nation should submit a completed an official entry form for each handler, complete with the fee of £125 per dog between: Opening 01/02/2020 and the closing date of 01/04/2020